Learn the techniques and practices for gathering and analyzing evidence used to
solve crimes involving computers. While other texts offer more of an
overview of the field, this hands-on learning text provides clear
instruction on the tools and techniques of the trade, introducing
readers to every step of the computer forensics investigation-from lab
set-up to testifying in court. It also details step-by-step guidance on
how to use current forensics software and provides free demo downloads
of popular tools like FTK Imager for use with Case Projects and Hands-On
Projects-giving readers the opportunity to put their new skills into
You will also learn the most popular forensics tools and provides specific guidance on dealing with civil and criminal matters relating to the law and technology. Includes discussions on how to manage a digital forensics operation in today’s business environment.
- GUIDE TO COMPUTER FORENSICS AND INVESTIGATIONS explains how to use the most popular forensics tools.
- Provides specific guidance on dealing with civil and criminal matters relating to the law and technology.
- Includes discussions on how to manage a digital forensics operation in today’s business environment.
- Review Questions, Hands-On Projects, and Case Projects that give readers the opportunity to practice skills they have learned.
- Free software works with running case studies, giving readers the opportunity to test their new skills and tying the content to professional practice.
- Videos of drive acquisitions and related activities for digital forensics are also included on the DVD.
- Expansive artwork brings chapter concepts to life. For example, cutaway views of hard drives present a difficult concept like the anatomy of a disk in a way students can fully understand.
Prerequisite: Knowledge of Computer Technology
What Will You Receive:
- Certificate "Computer And Mobile Forensics Investigator" by National Cyber Security University
- Android Tablet
Retired Major Forrest C. Williams
Major Williams was born in Kansas City, Kansas and initially enlisted in the United States Air Force in 1994 via the delayed enlistment program. He was commissioned and a distinguished graduate of the the Reserve Officer Training Corps program at the University of Oklahoma’s graduated. As a Special Agent in the Air Force Office of Special Investigations, Maj Williams supervised and conducted felony level criminal, counterintelligence and fraud investigations. He has also led combat enabling, special tactics, tactical counter-intelligence collection, and high value target capture operations in Iraq, Afghanistan and the Arabian Peninsula.
Major Williams is graduate of the Department of Defense Cyber Crime Centers, Cyber Investigations Training Academy and a credentialed Special Agent with the Air Force Office of Special Investigations(AFOSI). Prior to this assignment, he served as the Commander, Operation Location Charlie, AFOSI 3rd Field Investigations Squadron, Randolph Air Force Base, Texas. He commanded and managed specialized investigative support of polygraph, technical services, investigation operation consultations, vulnerability assessments and forensic sciences in the central time zone of the United States covering more than 15 AFOSI units.